History

James McIntyre founded the company in 1946 when he was primarily involved in fruit production and general arable farming. Already a well respected name in the local community for fruit production, he diversified in the 1960's by propagating tomato and other vegetable plants for sale to local businesses. At the same time he moved away from producing the fruit to concentrate on raspberry cane production and it is from this that the soft fruit side has developed to what it is today.

The Garden Centre was launched in 1973 and has gradually expanded over the years.  The other parts of the business were incorporated gradually throughout the mid/late 70’s & early 80’s when several members of the family joined the family firm. 

Website Upgrade

Our website will be getting a fresh look in the next couple of months, please bear with us in the meantime.